About the Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis
The autoimmune disease called Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can cause joint pain and damage throughout your body. The damage in joints caused by RA normally happens on both sides of the body, as a result if one of your arms or leg's joint is affected then the same joint in the other arm or leg will probably be affected, too.
Rheumatoid Arthritis In Ayurveda Context
Ayurveda consider Rheumatoid Arthritis as a joint problem correlated with poorly-nourished joints or low bone density and overall weakness in the joints leading to degeneration of bones and immobilization of the joints. Arthritis is linked with joints toxic overload because of too many toxins in the anatomy. Accumulated toxins in the joins cause stiffness & heaviness results in painful & swollen joints.
Ayurveda Management of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Ayurveda Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis mainly focuses on the root cause of the joint pains by enhancing a person's circulation, metabolism, and food absorbing ability in order to provide enough nourishment to the bone tissue & increase lubrication in the joints. With a holistic approach with a detoxification process, restricted diet, healthy lifestyle, herbal medicines and Ayurveda therapies degenerative joint conditions can be improved.
1. Panchkarma Therapy: This therapy is mainly performed to remove accumulated toxins & to maintain balance of the energies that control all biological functions. The main aim of panchkarma therapy is to strengthen and rejuvenate the bones and bring back joints flexibility and mobility by lessening the redness and inflammation.
2.Heat Therapy: In this therapy, heat is provided to the affected part of the body. This therapeutic use of heat increases the flow of blood to the afflicted part of the body which gives healing. The heat therapy reduces pain, lessens muscle spasm, relaxes muscle tension and can enhance range of motion.
3.Oleation Therapy: In this therapy, warm medicated oil is applied on the body continuously with slow massage. This Ayurveda therapy is effective in lessening inflammation, muscular pain, and rheumatic disease complaints. The therapy improves blood circulation by causing vasodilation.
4. Poultice Therapy: By putting fresh medicated poultice cloth immersed in herbal medicated oil on the affected part of the body is beneficial in reducing inflammation and relaxing the muscles.
5. Ayurveda Medicines: Intake of oral Ayurveda medicines and herbal medicated oil react on degenerative tissues to boost anti-inflammatory response. This also helps in building new tissues in the affected part, increasing metabolism and digestion, eliminating accumulated toxins and to increase penetration below the tissues.
6. Yoga : The aim of yoga therapy is to balance and alignment to boost biomechanical imbalances that cause stress on the joints. Yoga therapy and mild exercises are beneficial in strengthening the bones and enhancing muscle flexibility.
Best Ayurveda Hospitals for Rheumatoid Arthritis
1. AyurVAID Hospitals - Ayurvaid Hospitals, Bangalore - Ayurvaid Hospitals is a pioneering chain of new generation Ayurveda hospitals, dedicated to applying Ayurveda to solve modern health problems. Now with six hospitals across India (in Kochi and Bangalore) and a growing Network of Physicians, Ayurvaid has become the biggest chain of Ayurveda hospitals in India and demonstrated strong clinical outputs over the past three years of operations.
2. Jivagram Wellness Institute - Faridabaad, New Delhi, NCR - Jivagram is headed by Professor Dr. Pratap Chauhan. Jivagram is one of the best Ayurveda Institutes in Indian today with special presence in Japan, Spain and Sweden. Jivagram is your one-stop wellness destination to become rejuvenated and revitalized—physically, emotionally and spirituality. Jivagram has a huge repository of years of research and case studies of treatment offered to patients. They have specialised doctors looking into each and every specialty. With years of knowledge backing, it is seeked by a huge number of international patients looking for relief from diseases which cannot be treated by modern medicines. The focus of treatments and holistic healing therapies offered at Jivagram are based on the authentic Ayurvedic principles of restoring health by balancing the fundamental energies within you with the energies in nature.
Best Ayurveda Doctors for Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
1. Dr. Neil Rasal - Specializes in Panchakarma, Rasayan Chikitsa & Lifestyle Diseases ( Jivagram Ayurveda). Dr. Neil Rasal (BAMS MD) did his Post Graduate in Panchakarma from the renowned Rajeev Gandhi University, Bangalore. He is an expert in ancient Rasayan Chikitsa and Panchakarma. He has a vast experience of treating lifestyle diseases like stress, anxiety disorders, childhood obesity, musculoskeletal pain and sports injury. He conducted multiple programs and workshops for Ayurvedic aspirants. He also teaches Ayurveda to students and consults the patients across the country.
2. Dr. ZankhanaBuch, MD(Ay) (AyurVAID Hospitals, Bangalore): -
Patient Empathy & Performance Excellence- these traits embody Dr. ZankhanaBuch, Senior Physician and Medical Superintendent at AyurVAID Hospitals, Domlur, and Bangalore, India. Passionate about Ayurveda, she possesses decades of experience in the field of clinical Ayurveda. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery from Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar. She is a Post Graduate from the prestigious IPGT & RA, Jamnagar, designated by the Government of India as an Institute of National Importance (the first and only one in Ayurveda). She is a Gold Medalist at her undergraduate and post-graduate qualification levels. Her special expertise includes the management of pediatric developmental disorders, metabolic disorders, and ortho-neuro disorders.